© BRISTOL SUGARCRAFT academy part of CHIC CAKES by Kim Compton 2015. All Content, Cake Designs and Rights Reserved. All Trademarks Acknowledged.
City & Guilds and the City & Guilds logo are trademarks of the
City and Guilds of London Institute and used under licence.
VAT Reg. No. 995 0565 78
Call 07748 861584
• No formal entry requirements, though it would be advantageous for learners to have an interest in sugarcraft, cake decoration and design – photographs of your current creations are required to support your application.
• Class space is limited, therefore in order to secure your place a deposit is payable applicable to the course subject to support your completed application form. The balance payable two weeks prior to course commencement. Payment to be made via BACS – details to be provided with application form (alternative methods can be agreed if practical).
• The City & Guilds qualification is suited to those learners who want to enhance their hobby/interest, work or want to work in cake decoration - it forms a great stepping stone to those who wish to progress to Level 2.
•City & Guilds is a recognised world-wide qualification.
• The Bristol Sugarcraft academy reserves the right to cancel or change the nature of courses in line with City & Guilds guidelines to meet the subject criteria.
• In the unlikely event of a class/lesson cancellation due to unforeseen circumstances, the Bristol Sugarcraft academy will give students as much advance notice as possible and dependent upon the circumstance will offer an alternative class/lesson date or offer a refund of the cost of the class/lesson only where applicable, less City & Guilds fees where appropriate. NB: Please be advised that the Bristol Sugarcraft academy takes no responsibility for travel or accommodation.
• The Bristol Sugarcraft academy is unable to offer refunds on any courses booked and payment made. Transfers to another class may be approved, but only in exceptional/extenuating circumstances, and only if space is available and at the sole discretion of the Bristol Sugarcraft academy. In such cases, the Bristol Sugarcraft academy must be advised in writing at least one month prior to the commencement of class. NB: Please note that additional City & Guilds registration, certificate and awards fees will apply.
• In the event that a student is unable to attend a class/lesson, he/she must notify the Bristol Sugarcraft academy in advance. Thus it is the students/learners responsibility to catch up in their own time using Lesson Scheme of Work and Handouts as a guide. Bristol Sugarcraft academy will not spend additional time replicating the previous lessons’ tutorial that will be detriment to other students/learners and their progression. NB: Bristol Sugarcraft academy will not refund class/lesson fee.
• In the unlikely event of venue relocation due to unforeseen circumstances, the Bristol Sugarcraft academy reserves the right to find alternative suitable venue in keeping with City & Guilds guidelines approval and reschedule course/class dates accordingly. Students will be notified.
COURSE FEE COVERS
• Expert tuition, demonstration, support and guidance
• Printed handouts on techniques, skills and recipes
• Use of basic equipment and tools in a state-of-the-art spacious kitchen/cookery self-contained environment (ground floor location)
• Access to some sugarcraft tools and equipment in class – share with other students
Bristol Sugarcraft academy will not accept liability for any injury caused or sustained to/by students/learners from any equipment/tools provided or loaned during class/lesson at the Bristol Sugarcraft academy venue facilities – the equipment/tools are used at the students/learners own risk.
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED
• City & Guilds registration certificate/award/internal verifying fees…details to be advised upon course application.
Specialist equipment, tools and materials required to fulfil the course year, together with appropriate protective clothing, i.e. apron, closed in shoes etc. – an outline guidance list will be provided upon completion of your registration (booking) form, allowing you to research and buy cost effective equipment and tools prior to course start.
Refreshments: it is the responsibility of the students/learners to bring appropriate refreshments to be consumed during the break time allotted.
The Bristol Sugarcraft academy is an approved City & Guilds Centre – to use:
Oasis, John Williams Academy: Kitchen & Cookery area, Petherton Road, Hengrove, Bristol BS14 9BD / or suitable alternative for smaller student class numbers...